NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Aaaagh! Broke my Photoshop :s Please help!

Tim

Goodness only knows what I have clicked, but Layer Masking is no longer working as it used to.

For example:

I used to have a Background layer, then duplicate it twice, let's say BKG > Layer 1 > Layer 2

Say Layer two was increased in saturation or brightness by 50%

Then select Layer 2 and click Layer>Layer Mask>Hide All.

At this point only Layer 1 should be visible.

Now normally I would then select the brush tool, and 'paint out' the bits I actually want to show through.

But I seem to have clicked something that has stopped this happening. The brush seems to have no effect on the layer now, and is not removing the needed bits of the mask.

Does anybody have any idea whatsoever what I might have done?? :(

Thanks in advance :)

Tim

Thank you Roger I love you and want to have your babies :D

I'm not sure how it happened but the Colour Tab 'K' slider 0-100% had got set to 100% which is black on a black mask, and hence nothing showing up. I have not seen that setting before and dont know what the 'K' relates to, but when I used ALT as you suggested I suddenly noticed it and all is well :)

Cheers!

To select the mask (which I assume is what you are trying to do?) hold down Alt and click the mask. Then the brush will work on it. Otherwise you are simply painting on the active layer.

You can also just click on the mask to select but not show then start using the brush. That way you'll see the effect on your image without having the mask visible.

I thought K was used as the last letter of BLACK since the B had already been assigned to Blue - you learn something every day :)

Archived