SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My new scope & set up

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prove it, man. :D

Well i am not selling the filter anymore so that is kind of proof, :shocked: flimsy but proof all the same

I am quite impressed with it now, there is a massive difference with the bigger aperture. :smiley:

It would be even better on yours :laugh:

Spesking of upgrades, how do you find the Altair RACI finder? Worth it?

Its more bling than anything to me,

It does work really well,probably a bit to well due to the number of stars you can see, I get confused as to the one I want :grin:

I wonder if low quality is there on purpose...

There is an element of this, I have a friend and his job is to design errors into products !!!! :grin:

Well, to make sure products dont last too long, would be a better description

Shaun, whie we're on it, I found out that the WO DDG focuser is an improved version. There's ones on Ebay that ship from WO in China for £170...I am hesitant to throw away this money in China. Not exactly the safest option...

Sticking with that theory, it may have already happened and we would be none the wiser :grin: so, somewhere out there is at least one perfect machine.

I bought my camera from China, it turned up about a week later, it cost £190. from a place called ZW but they were recommended to me. I understand your worry as it can be bit hit or miss, you will also have to pay 18% tax. I don't think you should get the WO focusser Imad they are not up to the standard of your other equipment :shocked:

I bought my camera from China, it turned up about a week later, it cost £190. from a place called ZW but they were recommended to me. I understand your worry as it can be bit hit or miss, you will also have to pay 18% tax. I don't think you should get the WO focusser Imad they are not up to the standard of your other equipment :shocked:

I thought the VAT is part of the price. Anyway...

May I ask, where did you read the review about those William Optics DDG focusers? I've been looking around...nothing

I read it in quite a few places - mainly forum strings like SGL ,cloudy night etc... The final nail in its coffin is when I called A WO distributor to buy one and they said they had stopped selling them due to the number of complaints . I asked why and they replied "when weight was added to them, ie a camera, the focus mechanism would very slowly slide outward of its own accord " especially when the scope was pointing near to the zenith". I then bought the Baader from FLO :shocked:

I read it in quite a few places - mainly forum strings like SGL ,cloudy night etc... The final nail in its coffin is when I called A WO distributor to buy one and they said they had stopped selling them due to the number of complaints . I asked why and they replied "when weight was added to them, ie a camera, the focus mechanism would very slowly slide outward of its own accord " especially when the scope was pointing near to the zenith". I then bought the Baader from FLO :shocked:

OK, fair enough. You made your case. I'm not buying it. I think I'll go for the cheap yet assumingly praised option, the Revelation dual focuser.

I know you and all of us need retail therapy to compliment this hobby :grin: , but why don't you just wait till you have some spare cash and get the Steeltrack ?, its bullet proof, Think about it,...... you never see them for sale on the second hand market..( I even believe you have tried to buy one second hand :grin: ) You will regret it if you don't because from what I have read all Crayford type SCT focusers suffer from slippage apart from the Baader and the real classy ones that FLO sell.

Thanks for the tip, dude. I've got the bit of money to cover the Baader focuser, I just thought with a cheaper focuser I could also use the rest of the assigned sum to add enhancement to the mount. Plus £200 for a focuser is a bit too much.

Excellent news Imad

They are worth every penny, the fine focus is excellent and makes all the difference. :smiley:

Now for the hard part - waiting for it to arrive :grin:

Oh, by the way, I spoke with guy from green-witch.co.uk about the WO DDG focuser. He said they decided to stop dealing with WO focusers and only focus on telescope and eyepieces as they received several complains regarding forcusers.

That's reassuring news then Imad :smiley:

I think his name is Keith, I was chatting to him for quite a time at the astronomy show, he seems very knowledgeable.

He was one of factors in me getting the CPC 925. He spoke very highly of them.

I should have bought one of his scope covers off him they look very good :grin:

Archived