Moon, 19th May

JamesF

Considering the seeing was all over the place when I captured the subs for my solar shot this afternoon things had calmed down considerably by the time I took the ones for this Moon image though it was still a bit wobbly. One of the easier captures nonetheless.

moon-2013-05-19-small.png

120 frames of 1/200th @ ISO200, 450D & 127 Mak. Preprocessed in PIPP, 57 stacked in Registax v6.

James

Very nice , smooth and crisp ... :laugh:

Seeing was dog rough here all day too , a slight improvement as the Moon got to just past due South so I started to set up , didn't check forecast though , so missed the cloud sneaking in from the blind-side .... :mad:

Next time . . . :rolleyes:

Well done James - very nice capture and process. I'm glad somebody in UK managed to get some observing in yesterday. I did see the moon before turning in last night and possibly a brief glimpse of Arcturis and Spica, but all veiled in the expected cloud from this location. Wednesday evening looking possible so far according to the Met, though best wait and see!

Archived