Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ3-2 End Cover Missing

Hi,

I bought my first scope a few months ago. It is a second hand Skywatcher 150P.

Other than a quick check over with the help from an experienced friend, I haven't used it in anger, put off by the weather.

Today I was familiarising myself with it, as I am planning to take it out at the weekend when I noticed that the plastic cap that covers the polar mount holder is missing.

It is too late to take this up with the seller although I have dropped him an eMail asking if he has it or knows what happened to it.

I have also emailed Optical Vision asking if they have any spares.

But if they both draw blanks, does it really matter?

I can't see that it would but then I'm a complete novice.

Cheers,

Nigel

Not really a big issue - If you want to play really safe wrap some cling-film round it to keep the dust off but only do this the following morning after an observing session so that you don't trap any moisture in there.

Not having one saving you the trouble of picking it up when it constantly falls off and bounces around with the physical properties of a ping pong ball. In the dead of night you'd be amazed how noisy it is when ricochets around after falling off because a hedgehog next-door farted. You're not missing anything.

Mine arrived broken on a new eq-5 so I reported it & got a new one deilivered. Fitted it, it promply fell off & broke again :rolleyes: Now it kicks around int he back of my car to no effect whatsoever.

That is my experience of it almost exactly, except I had a couple of weeks of the replacement dropping off before it broke.

Archived