Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Finally - guidescope on my DSLR

Simms

Being annoyed at having to drag out my whole scope to attach my DSLR if I wanted to shoot guided with the 400mm lens. So I have been looking for a way so I can attach the guidescope to my DSLR directly without the need of spending much money ( I liked the dual saddle option but too expensive for a niche project) - so in the end I opted to dismantle an old flash I had knocking around, attach the hotshoe connector to a guidescope saddle and that fits in the flash socket perfectly. With the Synguider attached it weighs approximately the same as a Canon 580mk2 flash with batteries, so the flash socket isn't overloaded. This can all be attached to my mount without the need of the 8" reflector - also the added benefit of cutting down the weight on my mount.

Now for some clear nights to test it out!!

post-10509-0-87235500-1368644288_thumb.j

Good idea, I have done similar in the past, one thing that through me on the set-up was the lens! It does not look anything like my 400mm! I then I looked at you signature :)

I have only just started in this game still playing around getting my setup to hit the target first time, not far off now just need fine tuning :)

Jim

Wow, that big white thing is guiding the DSLR lol

Jim

...for what else should he use this needless scope except for guiding? :grin:

back to topic:

btw nice solution!

are there any flexture problems?

Archived