Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Space Oddity...

Planetesimal

Love the original and don't usually like covers of classic songs but I when I saw this on the Sky News App I fell in love with it, possibly one of my favourite covers ever, stunning views, brilliant voice and very well put together, I think this video will be around for a long time :-)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a hero. He's got almost a million followers on twitter, millions of youtube hits, spreading everything from science to music across the world. It feels great to hear my friends talking about space, something people my age are too often dismissive of. Inspirational man.

I have loved watching Chris Hadfields updates on you tube and this was the perfect end to his time on board

the ISS.

It was very moving and definitely one of those moments that give you goose pimples!

What a hero. He's got almost a million followers on twitter, millions of youtube hits, spreading everything from science to music across the world. It feels great to hear my friends talking about space, something people my age are too often dismissive of. Inspirational man.

I feel remorseful to have missed it all. During his time up in space I don't recall the UK media covering this true hero's time up there much. :( Our earthbound non-entities seem to get more coverage for just putting on a bit of weight.

I feel remorseful to have missed it all. During his time up in space I don't recall the UK media covering this true hero's time up there much. :( Our earthbound non-entities seem to get more coverage for just putting on a bit of weight.

No, the UK didn't cover much until the emergency spacewalk and landing - the media caters to the masses, and we all know what they like to watch. :embarrassed:

I followed him mainly through twitter and youtube, because I'm a bit nerdy at keeping track of the expedition increments. Love watching their launches live, and following their journeys. Chris is by far the most expressive and outreaching astronaut of this generation - hopefully others will follow suit.

Archived