Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bresser 10x50 bak4 binos

Hi all SGL members

Last night on a whim i purchased a pair of Bresser 10x50 BAK4 binos for £13 on Ebay. I know i cannot expect too much at such a low price. They were going for £20, but my offer of £13 was accepted. :smiley:

Are these generally half decent for viewing the night sky? Or have i wasted my money.

I am a beginner in astronomy, and want to learn the sky through bins,instead of setting up my scope every chance i have a clear night.

Gary

post-28890-0-40466100-1368352176_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking in to buying some binoculars and have my eye on the Helios Apollo 15x70mm and the more expensive 25x100 ones and would like to ask also that before I heard how good the Helios Brand is I was looking at the Celestron 15X70mm and my purpose is to view stars and star clusters and Nebula etc and more importantly asteroids and the International Space Station and Satellites in general and I also have my eye on the Horizon 8115 Tripod and would this tripod be strong enough for any of the binoculars I mentioned and what binoculars would be ideal for what I want to observe. Would there be a lot of difference between the Helios 25x100 and the Helios Apollo 15x70mm and would the extra cost of the 25x100 be worth it. Thanks :cool: :cool:

Archived