Tak FSQ 85ED for 10 euro's

nephilim

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something is clearly wrong with all their prices. Just looking at the Officina Stellare refractors. The 105 f/6.2 is actually about £4,000 and they have it listed for the relative bargain of €1,000.

http://www.scopesand...per-apo-105/246

EDIT: How about this?! A 300mm Tak Triplet, yours for only €50. Just hope you have a mount that can take the 150kg weight and 2.9m tube length! :grin:

http://www.scopesandspace.ie/products/details/fet-300-fluorite-triplet/575

Mmm...What have I done?!!! I placed an order...£8 ...if there's a mistake I'll get a refund, otherwise I'll miraculously get the telescope. Quite dumb really :D

If by some miracle the scope arrives u really need to share it with me!! Actually i'll just buy my own. :grin:

Does anyone know this retailer before today and the rather large error in pricing? My cautious side is wondering whether this is a bit of scam hoping to take a few "chancers" in before disappearing into the ether and no refunds are forthcoming.

I picked it up off Astronomy shed this morning & the shop does exist BUT unless they've had a delivery by the Asto fairies & have a surplus of stock, i'll doubt the prices are right........

Oh my, if it only where to be true :-)

We are all so greedy.

Instead of trying to rip off a dealer, we should take the 5-10€ we obviously spent at that shop and have to spare, buy a 10-20€ dobsonian kit or used 70-76/700 telescope off Ebay or the flea-market, rework it, and give it to someone interested in astronomy but unable to afford it.

:-)

OK, so the main page just shows coming soon. Clearly all the pricing (and the contact details) are just placeholders until the actual info is updated. Clearly someone worked out how to get past the home page. Imagine they will have quite a shock when they see that they have sold dozens of Taks and only have a few hundred Euros in their bank account.

Just received a refund...

me too

----------------------------

Scopes and Space Ltd just sent you a refund

11. May 2013 11:45:04 GMT+02:00

Dear Imad Mousa!

Scopes and Space Ltd just sent you a full refund of €10.00 EUR for your purchase.

If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Scopes and Space Ltd.

The refund amount will go to the card you paid with.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Merchant information

Scopes and Space Ltd

sales@scopesandspace.ie

http://www.scopesandspace.ie

+353 0860360584 Note from merchant

Website is NOT live/ trading and the prices are incorrect. We will be trading live in three weeks time. I have issued a refund for the amount paid. Karl

The site appears to have collapsed now. PHP errors everywhere. I'd be having a serious word with their web designers if I were them.

James

It's a content management system, I suspect the guys put things together using a readily made template. First rule in web development...in e-commerce...DON'T DO THAT!!!

It's a content management system, I suspect the guys put things together using a readily made template. First rule in web development...in e-commerce...DON'T DO THAT!!!

It says at the bottom of the page "Web Design by Enhance.ie". They ought to know better :(

James

Archived