Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Power Supply for nexstar scope ?

rob1962

Dear All,

My nexstar 130 doesnt seem to like 8x AA batteries (keeps losing alignment v quickly),so:

What types of power sources do forum members use to power scopes?

I`m particularly interested in views on power tanks and if anyone knows of a less costly version to the Celestron type?

Do they come complete with the plugs that the scope needs or would I need to buy separately? (the scope instructions don`t go into detail on which size jack plug is needed!).

Thanks

Rob (waiting on a clear sky)

For my Nextstar 5 I used to use a standard power tank that I bought from Argos. It had 2 cigarette lighter type outputs which where tip positive. It seemed to work fine. I can't remember the size of the power plug that the scope used but I don't recall it being anything exotic - I think I scrounged one off something else !.

John

I use a 12AH power tank that was bought from either Costco or Maccess, cant remeber where, for £15. It has a built in compressor, jump leads and a cigarette lighter socket. But if you want the exact same thing Maplin sell it here.... http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=49038&C=Maplin&U=SearchTop&T=power%20tank&doy=20m11 ............ and it is now a bargain there as well... :(

That powered my 130SLT and now my C8NGT so it seems up to the job. BTW, I had similar problems with my SLT while running it on AA's.

Hope that helps..............

Gary A

Archived