Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I'm stuck...Telrad on refractor.

emadmoussa

Here's the thing, If you look at the refractor below (152mm) you'll notice that most comfortable to place the telrad is on the dew shield. Yet, I don't like doing this for several reasons. First, the dew she is retractable. Being on the front the telrad is far enough from my eye and once the dew shield is fully extended it becomes even further. Second, I don't like sticking things on the telescope.

The possible solution is to slide a small plate in the place of the dotfinder (standard finder slot). I tried the red-dot finder's base, but turns out it was too small and made the telrad a bit shaky.

I'd appreciate some ideas.

post-27451-0-32360000-1367074077_thumb.j

post-27451-0-06697700-1367074088_thumb.j

Regards,

will the telrad base not sit between the rings ,if you remove the dot finder ? i used joined cable ties on my old refractor if you dont want to use the sticky tape.

nice kit you have there by the way .

• 3 weeks later...

You could make a dovetail foot male and female three inches long mount to a flat bar as long as the distance of ota rings so removable or piece of 20 mm plastic or Ali fix to telrad underside mount to bar but would be permanent if you use Ali then you could have it powder coated ,I posted my telrad mod in astro lounge recently take a look though I used standard finder scope fitting

Archived