Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Extreme low budget laser collimation test :-)

knobby

Did you notice that the el cheapo own brand laser is sitting on Aldi own brand tomatoes and the Hotech is on pukka Napolina tomies

Yes but you had pukka Heinz baked beans to even it out a bit.

It makes you wonder... How can there be so many laser collimators out there that are clearly out of adjustment?

If we can see that they don't fire straight using tins of random foods, why can't they check them on a production line? How hard would it be?

how many scopes out there have been 'collimated' with a naff laser?

rant over :D

I suppose looking at this from a technical position the only way to really test accurately would be to clamp the laser into the e.p. holder , ie ; the laser could be offset slightly inside the housing which would look bad when testing with vee blocks (or beans) but could actually be perfectly aligned with the end which fits in the e.p. holder...

Mmmmm another can of worms opens!

Serious point - I shall test mine in using a centering adaptor and vice.

On a lighter note, I couldn't resist the following video for the Can/Beanz enthusiasts out their ;)

What a great/rousing tune - though without being too chauvanistic its definitely better with a troop of burlesque dancing girls - I suppose the gals have to put up with the Buster Bloodvessel version ;)

Serious point - I shall test mine in using a centering adaptor and vice.

On a lighter note, I couldn't resist the following video for the Can/Beanz enthusiasts out their ;)

What a great/rousing tune - though without being too chauvanistic its definitely better with a troop of burlesque dancing girls - I suppose the gals have to put up with the Buster Bloodvessel version ;)

nice... Now I'm off to see if I can make a time lapse video of me collimating my laser :D

Archived