Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi Folks:

Got this one using my 9.25SCT, 3x Barlow and DBK21. The capture program was IC Capture. I believe was 30fps, gamma 100 and was 1000 frames via R5. I seemed to have problems (aside from focussing) getting the gain/exposure right. When I brought up the histogram I found it difficult to keep 75% filled. As I tweaked exposure...then gain, it seemed like the image was a tad overexposed. I would appreciate any suggestions how to resolve this.....or is this normally a 'balancing act' kind of thing?

Thank you....and clear skies

Roger

post-2315-0-15322200-1367698845_thumb.jp

That's a very nice image. I think this apparition it's just tough to get things perfectly balanced. In both the UK and Canada we're looking through so much atmosphere for imaging Saturn that conditions are quite unpredictable and turbulent. One moment you think you've got it nailed and the next it looks like you're imaging three puppies playing in a sack.

James

Archived