Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Explorer 250pds ota on an AZ EQ6 GT mount

Does anyone have any experience with the above combination of OTA and mount? Although I am primarily a refractor man, at this time of year we are looking out to those enticing galaxies so a 250mil ota is a very tempting purchase. I know all about the problems of eye placement on an equatorial mount but with the AZ setup this shouldn't be a problem....or is it???

I use the AZ EQ6 GT on a Berlebach Planet and it is a stable as a rock with a 132mm refractor!

Comments gratefully received including those on the optical quality of this OTA.

I had a 250px (fully flocked) on a standard EQ6 before I got my DOB, it gave great views especially under dark skies. It is a pretty fast scope so eyepiece choice will be a factor in the viewing quality. Windy conditions were a factor too with the OTA acting like a sail.

I use a 250PX tube on a Dob mount for visual use and on a standard EQ6 for imaging. I am very happy with the optical quality of the one I have. Collimation plays its part as well. XW's work very nicely in this scope.

Archived