Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M76 and the bubble neb

shifter

I wasn't surprised that the sky was clear tonight because the BBC News 24 weather said that it would get cloudy quite early (sounds like a bit of reverse psychology goin on here lol) and it stayed clear till about 02.30 so I took advantage of it. The seeing wasn't great but ya take what ya can get and here's the result.

.....Brian.....

M76.....Not very well framed

10x600 sec @ iso 800

Image scope LXD55 SN10 on an EQ-6 Pro

Guide scope ED80-Pro and Toucam Pro

Camera Canon 350d + Neodymium LP filter

Stacked with Maxim dl

Proc with PS CS2 and Noel's actions

2376_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Bubble Neb

6x600 sec @ iso 800

Image scope LXD55 SN10 on an EQ-6 Pro

Guide scope ED80-Pro and Toucam Pro

Camera Canon 350d + Neodymium LP filter

Stacked with Maxim dl

Proc with PS CS2 and Noel's actions

2377_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Whats the blue V shaped thing in the first one, is it real or is it noise?

Kaptain Klevtsov

The blue thing is a light anomaly the source of which I'm at a loss to find, it only occurs when there is a particularly bright star in the image. I'm going to source out some flock paper to see if that cures it (process of elimination time methinks). I am getting some weird guiding traces in Maxim, the x axis is great but the y axis wanders upwards for about 4 pixels and then drops back down to the zero line. although this doesn't seem to be detrimental to the final image it is somewhat annoying. Any ideas anyone ??

.....Brian.....

I am getting some weird guiding traces in Maxim, the x axis is great but the y axis wanders upwards for about 4 pixels and then drops back down to the zero line. although this doesn't seem to be detrimental to the final image it is somewhat annoying. Any ideas anyone ??

.....Brian.....

Could be a ball bearing with a lump of muck on it so that the RA axis goes wonky for a bit, then drops back on until the muck comes round again. What period of rise and fall for that? I'd expect a very long period for a mucky bearing though, maybe half an hour or probably a lot more.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Could be a ball bearing with a lump of muck on it so that the RA axis goes wonky for a bit, then drops back on until the muck comes round again. What period of rise and fall for that? I'd expect a very long period for a mucky bearing though, maybe half an hour or probably a lot more.

Kaptain Klevtsov

I didn't take a lot of notice of how long the rise cycle was but it was only 15 to 20 secs, very regular too it did exactly the same thing every 15-20 sec in a 100 minute sequence ie 10x 600 sec. I did think it might be the balance but that seems to be ok.

.....Brian.....

Archived