NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Absolute newbie !

Moz

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure about shutter speed either. I don't know if it's the frames per second (fps) that you can set the camera to. I use Sharpcap and you can choose the frame rate. With the Phillips webcam, it's been advised on here that anything above 10fps creates too much compression, but I don't know how that would be with the Xbox. I did see that the resolution was larger with the Xbox. With the Phillips it only goes up to 640x480, or at least mine does! The Xbox was the next one up I think - can't remember what!

The webcam sensor is tiny so you'll need to get the planet very well centered before you try the webcam. I use a low-power ep 1st, then am 8mm (centering and focusing each time) then I use the webcam. It's always very out of focus and dark, so I push the gain and exposure on Sharpcap right up, and you should see a burry donut, or at least the edge of it. Then focus as well as possible. Then you adjust the gain and exposure until it looks good. Don't have it too bright as, when you take shots (try 2000-3000 frames) the stacking will brighten it. Trial and error is the key!

I've given up on mod just can't get it to work any which way think ill buy one that's predone :-( such a shame still it only cost me 3.50 !

I've given up on mod just can't get it to work any which way think ill buy one that's predone :-( such a shame still it only cost me 3.50 !

I think mine's OK I just got some dust bunnies on the sensor that could be blown off. You can borrow it on permanent loan until you get something else if you want? If so, just PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Alexxx

Tbh I've not even done a proper alignment yet on my goto ! No clear night ...I tried to follow Saturn and Jupiter by manual adjustment and whilst I saw detail it was for only 10secs at a time before leaving view lol .i assume my goto will track and therefore be able to image ..

Archived