Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What a great place to do AP!

Black Knight

I have spent the night up there sleeping rough. There is a fair bit of light pollution around Teneriffe, but luckliy the volcano pokes clear of the cloud layer that suppress the LP coming from the surrounding towns. La Palma is probably darker still.

I dont think i could find myself in a sky like that.... Im struggling to pick out Ursa Minor, and its labeled for me !!! Then again who needs a scope with a sky looking like that

As a suburbanite, the few times that I've been to really dark sites I've found it quite disorienting being unable to readily find my way around the sky when there are simply so many stars on view. It always takes me a while to adjust and get my bearings. Can't see the wood for the trees sort-of-thing! At home with our light polluted skies it just seems so much easier to find my way around! :)

I have spent the night up there sleeping rough. There is a fair bit of light pollution around Teneriffe, but luckliy the volcano pokes clear of the cloud layer that suppress the LP coming from the surrounding towns. La Palma is probably darker still.

I bet that was an amazing experience.

Archived