NGC3953 with two scopes at the same time

MikeD

Not ideal galaxy imaging conditions over the weekend with the moon dominating, but I have been waiting to try out imaging with both my 10" newt and 80ED at the same time and I only have one Ha filter (not that there are many Ha targes out at the moment).

NGC3953 shot over two moon filled nights(Fri/Sat)

10" newt data taken with my SXVFH9 42 x 600 seconds (CLS) luminance.

80 ed data taken with my HX916 46 x 600 lumiance.

below is the two data sets on their own and a composite of the two data sets.

Mike.

post-730-0-11089200-1366665485_thumb.jpg

post-730-0-08741300-1366665496_thumb.jpg

post-730-0-39819100-1366665512_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys.:)

Nice results Mike.

Are you planning on shooting colour with the 80, and luminance with the newt?

Cheers

Rob

I

Thats the plan,;) but I am holding out for another CLS filter and do G2V calibrated subs.

Mike.

I don't bother with G2V calibration Mike. I don't see the point of trying to calibrate on a faint star that will be subject to atmospheric refraction to a greater or lesser extent depending on altitude when there's the original G2V star that curtrently is nice and bright in the sky....the sun! As long as it's not rising ior setting, refraction has very little effect.

Shove an aperture mask on to drop the light levels, get a sheet of plain white paper, and calibrate on that....much easier and more reliable :-)

Photographers have been setting white balance like this from the first days of colour photography.

Cheers

Rob

Good point about using reflected sunlight ( like you say it's still G2V calibration) I already have the data and it seems to be working well for me with the CLS filter in line. :grin:

No need for Ha data on my galaxy shots any more. :cool:

See HERE for details.

Mike.

Archived