Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Farewell to Jupiter, First light with ASi 120 MC

Hi,

I think this is my last capture of Jupiter untill next Dec, it was a struggle last night as it was getting very low at 10 pm and I do have some trees at the back of the garden that were in the way,I am sure there were some branches in the line of vision. I could not resist it anyhow as the GRS was in transit and this is the first light for both my new ASI 120 MC and the TeleVue barlow PowerMate. It was a clear night but the seeing was terrible as the planet was deforming in all directions and there were strange halos around it. I used my SW MAK 127 on the EQ5 SynScan and the software was the SharpCap 2 Beta, the ASI drivers do have some bug in there somewhere that need to be sorted out.

The capture is by no means good but as it probably is the last one for a while I put it up.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-46781800-1366462542_thumb.j

I love to see photos of Jupiter, Saturn always steals the headlines but you can't beat a good colour shot of our local giant,

Is there software you can use post shot to sharpen photos?

If you can afford it, Adobe Photoshop can do almost anything with an image once you find your way around it - but you need to devote some time to get the best out of it. Hey, if you have a student in the house, I think the student can buy the software at a reduced cost.

I think, this will be the last time, we get any good

picts of Juipter.I could see the planet about 2030

last night ,but it was still very light.Saturn is getting

earlier now,so this should make up for it.Moon

looks good tonight.Give me something to take

picts of.Got to make most of the clear nights.

Steve.

Archived