Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PanSTARRS + M31 - North Devon

Initial result of 65x10s subs of Panstarrs on evening of: 02-04-2013.

DSLR (standard) with 200 f2.8 lens at 2.8, mounted on driven but not guided NEQ3.

Images stacked in AA5 and further processed in PS. Image has been cropped down from the full frame to remove stacking artifacts.

post-14748-0-41760100-1364952877_thumb.j

Thanks for this image. I had a clear west horizon (at last!) last night, but too murky to see M31 by naked eye, and found the comet in the same binocular field as M31. Needless to say what I could see wasn't even as good as the thumbnail, never mind the full image, but I am pleased to say "I was there"!

I actually drove five miles from the house to get on high ground, the last few hundred yards on a very rough track, and had a view in the right direction out of the open driver's window. I then star-hopped from Cassiopeia. Satisfied, I drove back down the mountain and home, and then (much to my annoyance) found I had no worse a view from the field at the back of the house.

Thanks both, PanSTARRS sets below my neighbours roof long before it's dark enough to see the comet. Glad I made the trek. No mountain, just a pull-off at the side of a quiet road. I'm still playing with processing trying different stacking/blending options to get as much out of the comet as I can.

Thanks again

Archived