NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

flocking a 200p

is it worth doing on the 200p skyliner dob ota.

also anyone know how much i would need to do the entire inside of the ota with the stuff flo sell thats 100cm x 45cm my maths isnt finley tuned enough to work out the surface area needed..

Hi,

I flocked mine over christmas. It's difficult to do a back to back comparison, especially with the weather we've been having and limited opportunities to use it, but I do have some before & after subs of the horsehead I did in Ha and I think the after ones do show an improvement. It certainly looks blacker than a black thing when compared to the original black paint. :grin:

I know I only did mine three months ago, but I'm sure my memory is going, I think I did it using just two rolls. Remember to cut it into long strips, or score it after application in order to allow for thermal expansion of the tube.

I used 2 rolls on my 200P explorer with loads to spare, so I should think that's all you'll need if you're going to be using the same stuff that Wilkos sell.

This will give you some idea of the difference,

Before;

217838_10151109022918434_450635563_n.jpg

And after;

532217_10151109023013434_1383831098_n.jpg

I also blackened the edge of the secondary mirror & the rear of it since taking these pictures, hope it helps.

thanks david little bit of a saving , just hope they have some in my local wilko ... although i can order off there and wait a bit if not.

Also FYI its in the kitchen bit. I checked garden, outdoors, DIY and then was going to walk out the shop.. I heard on the tannoy about their website so looked it up on my phone. Found it and noticed they had it on the breadcrumb trail as Kitchen > Kitchen Accessories >

So i wandered over to the kitchen aisle and there it was on the end bit with loads of rolls of other stuff. I really dont know what use it would have in a kitchen, perhaps to cover sheves in cupboards to stop things slipping? Who knows. Anyway, that's where you will find it.

EDIT: The rolls I bought had the sellophane open on all the ends. If you happen to find them in a similar state. When at the checkout I said "these are open, can I have a discount" got 2 of the rolls for £3. Doesnt hurt to ask!

Archived