Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light tonight... hopefully!

Now I know I've probably gone ahead and jinxed it by posting this, but I've been keeping a close eye on the weather for my area over the past few days and it seems as if there will be a good batch of clear sky tonight. Of course, the moon is up and super bright but hey... That's something to look at I suppose, I'm just happy to be getting out there to do some observing with my new scope!

Hopefully the weatherman is going to be right this time! :rolleyes2::clouds1:

Dave

Indeed, it's been a long time coming! I was hoping to get back into the galaxies in Leo, but with the moon tonight, I think I'll be having a lunar and open cluster observing night tonight.

What are everyone's observing plans for this evening *if* the clouds clear?

I think I'll be going for the open clusters around Casseiopia, and thinking about formally starting the lunar 100.

Fingers crossed for those long-awaited clear skies :)

Check out pannstars the comet low in the west after sunset and then...the moons of Jupiter and after that.Go for some double stars. Split castor....check out y andromeda before it sets..the right star of the onions belt is nice..

then iota cancri which is super....

finish with Cor Caroli in can..

they will all split with a small scope on a medium power..

and are all easy even with a full moon..

Enjoy

mark

Archived