Hello......

Line-21

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, welcome aboard. I joined my local group 6 months before buying any kit. Gave me a chance to look at the other members scopes and get there advise as to what scope to get. The best scope is the one you use. For example I can be out observing in minutes ( not including cool down time) with my frac and observing when I would still be setting up the reflector. But the refractor isn't the best for Deep Sky Object (DSO).

Again I need some thing smallish I can easily take out to a dark site as I live in a town.

My point is aperture is not always every thing. Its finding what your interests are and what works best for you.

Good luck.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

In answer to some of the postings above and in no particular order:

• Yes, ive installed Stellarium, had a quick play around. It does look very useful.
  • I'm planning on buying my scope in May/June so should have been to a meet or two before then!

Hey Line,

remember this thread and refer back to it when you finally settle on the 1 st scope, I wonder if it will still be a dob???? :undecided:

Don't rush, hit a club or 2 scan the online stores and visit just about any review website you can find.

Oh and ask this lot..... maybe start here you seriously can't pay for the knowledge we get for free here...

Archived