NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can you help with an M51 image?

Tim

I don't know what it is about galaxies, but I never seem to finish them.. :/

I recently started a project on M51, determined to see it through. I have around 12 hours of decent luminance at high res so far.

However I am now using a different scope entirely, taking up the brilliant offer of a loan of a Skywatcher Esprit 150ED refractor, and so it looks like I wont be getting the RGB data I need anytime soon. I think the difference in focal length will prohibit using images from the Esprit combined with the C11Edge luminance data.

So I'm looking for a donor image please. If you have a nice M51 image at good resolution, say <1.5 arcsec/pixels that you wouldn't mind sharing the colour from, then I would be very pleased to hear from you :)

Thanks

Tim

I think I'm running at about 2 arcsec/pixel so not good enough for you. Anyway, we need some decent weather before I can do anything really. I do have M51 RGB data but too little of it, I'm afraid :(

Hi Tim just noticed this post, if you want to use my latest M51 data as a colour layer feel free to use this.

the jpg should be fine as a colour layer but if you want the tiff pm me your email and I'll send it over.

Mike.

M51-2013-L-LHARGB-27XX.jpg

Archived