NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First 9 months of Astrophotography resume

I received my 200P and EQ5 mount for Xmass 2011.

I started imaging in June 2012.

I feel that I have now completed my first stage of a 3 stage process in AstroPhotography.

As soon as I decided to take the AstroPhotography root I bought a second hand EQ6 mount.

I followed Astro Baby's tutorial on tuning the EQ6 and bought a st80 guide scope and synguider.

I then realised that in order to manage my image sessions from the warmth of my office I needed a QHY5 guide camera and Ascom USB hub.

I also decided to upgrade my eq5 with a second hand go to add-on kit and supplemented it with a second hand Orion ED 80 scope and focal reducer.

In my picture gallery are some photos of my efforts of the last 9 months of imaging. http://stargazerslounge.com/gallery/member/19057-singlin/

I am now starting the second stage of my plan and that is as follows:

I have just bought the Quattro 10" Astrograph.

I have just had my Canon 600 D modified.

AS soon as the snow melts here I will finish my Observatory.

The 3rd stage I hope to start next Winter and that will be:

Sell my EQ5 and buy an EQ8 mount. This will leave me with an EQ 8 and an EQ6

Buy a dedicated ccd camera.

Sell the Orion ED 80 and buy an Altair Astro 115 Refractor.

This is just a post to my approach to AstroPhotography.

WOW. Seriously awesome images.

I plan on starting AP after my A levels are outta the way, I had planned on splashing out on a new setup on results day to either celebrate or cheer my up, but looking at your images I want to start straight away!

Darn this expensive hobby :p

I have learnt so much from this forum and also credit must also go to Dion's Video tutorials on the astronomy shed.

If this thread can inspire at least one person to take the Astro photography root then it has accomplished what I wanted It to.

Thank you for the kind words. I worked hard to get this far but like anything in life the more you put in the more you get out. :laugh:

Archived