Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepiece Projection Astrophotography

Hi All

Im wondering to photo looking down an ep do i need a certain extension tube or can i pretty much use any? will it depend on the telescope ive got?

im wanting to achieve something like in the picture if its possible

any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Chris

post-28669-0-28215800-1363470113_thumb.j

Not too sure about other scopes or eyepiece's but I have the revelation one and it just screws into the T-ring, no need for extension tubes or anything, though I have come to much prefer just going straight onto the direct slr connection on the 200p instead of using the eyepiece.

I use this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Adjustable-T-mount-to-suit-eyepieces-with-diameter-up-to-50mm-/380474630412?pt=UK_Telescope_Adapters&hash=item58960e210c

they also sell one for 18 pound which will fit EPs of 38 mm.

to be honest, its difficult getting focus and a good image usng dlsr, but possible. For planets your probably better off with a cheap webcam.

The length of the extension tube will determine the amount of magnification obtained.

I created a small spreadsheet to calculate the degree of magnification using various lengths of extension tube.

eyepiece projection rev2.xls

Enter your telescope and eyepiece details into the yellow boxes together with the length of the extension tube.

Archived