NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My ED80 has just landed

Hola,

I was lucky enough to find this second hand Skywatcher ED80 DS pro. Bought it off an SGL member..Thanks, Allan, for keeping it in such an immaculate condition :)

First impression, very well made with good quality accessory. The aim is to enhance my AP experience by adding such a renowned apo refractor to my astro gear.

Any tips are welcome! I am aware of the focuser issue and saw several complaints about it...I tried it briefly with the DSLR camera attached and it was fine. I am yet to put it to the test :)

post-27451-0-66003600-1363447177_thumb.j

post-27451-0-05202900-1363447179_thumb.j

post-27451-0-44794400-1363447180_thumb.j

post-27451-0-18699200-1363447182_thumb.j

post-27451-0-83011800-1363447183_thumb.j

post-27451-0-93374000-1363447185_thumb.j

Oh, sorry everybody...misspelling... it's ED80 just landed - not EQ80 biggrin.gif Mr. Mod, could you please amend the title for me? Thanks a lot.

Excellent mate!! The highlighted red letters would do it for me on their own haha. :grin: :grin:

i loved the smell mine use to have :D flock the inside of the dew shield

Ah, so it's not just me that loves the smell then - I thought I was strange for loving the smell of mine!

That's my tip, open up the case and have a good sniff.

I gave the scope a go last night - mostly indoors though. I have to say, it's a pretty good scope ...quite impressed. A quick look at the mostly overcast crescent (through the window), it seems that the blue aberration that I usually saw through the ST80 is non-existent in the ED80 - the image is crispier. Well, I know it's not a good practice comparing the ST80 to the ED80, but that's the only similar aperture I owned.

From photo's i've seen it looks a really sweet bit of kit & i WILL own one, i'm £200 towards the EQ6 now, still a long way to go but i'll get there in the end. Did u try out the star emulator yet?

Not yet, I might give it a go today. I had a little play with the software though -- seems well written, but the graphics are hilarious (80s style) :D

Well that's it then, if you want to look and feel 10 years younger, buy a secondhand scope thats been well looked after and smells.

Very nice scope I would like an 80mm APO, what for I have no idea, I just want one. I don't know if it's me but Skywatcher seem to make some nice kit for the cost, yes they have there small faults but in general they are dam good value.

Congratulations now I hope the weather in our Country of birth lets you use it, I will keep my fingers crossed for clear sky.

Alan.

[quote nameis something attractive about this 80mm....I am glad I found it :)'alan potts' timestamp='1363535937' post='1870808]

Well that's it then, if you want to look and feel 10 years younger, buy a secondhand scope thats been well looked after and smells.

Very nice scope I would like an 80mm APO, what for I have no idea, I just want one. I don't know if it's me but Skywatcher seem to make some nice kit for the cost, yes they have there small faults but in general they are dam good value.

Congratulations now I hope the weather in our Country of birth lets you use it, I will keep my fingers crossed for clear sky.

Alan.

Yep, a beautiful piece of kit. Glad I splashed out and went for it :)

Archived