Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

just couldnt resist fusion webcam mod

bottletopburly

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope it goes well.

Im trying to build up the courage to mod a logitech qc3000 or a vesta pro but looking at the procedure is enough to scare me o.O - not the best at electrical stuff :p

The test images from the fusion look promising, not sure what the long exposure will produce but cant wait to find out .

All the best

Aenima

right mod so far so good will update the pictures ,camera housed in new box just need to sort nose piece and noticed on my stock sw barlow it has a thread now presumably i can get a fitting to glue onto housing so this will screw onto, whats the thread on the barlow or whats the piece i need i presume its a T adapter.

right mod so far so good will update the pictures ,camera housed in new box just need to sort nose piece and noticed on my stock sw barlow it has a thread now presumably i can get a fitting to glue onto housing so this will screw onto, whats the thread on the barlow or whats the piece i need i presume its a T adapter.

Yeah, the barlow - lens off - is a t-adapter which is different from the T-2 ring needed to fit a dslr direct to 2" focuser, if im not mistaken :p so.....im guessing you have it right, its a T-thread......?

Anyways looking forward to the updates.

Aenima

Honestly, nice one - the xbox mod was my outer limit tech-wise, this stuff is now the twilight zone. :p

No joke mate, either. The fusion tests on the net look great in a big aperture, i'd be interested in the results of the 200p - dont know if you seen on astronomy.net the jupiters done with lifecam studio? excellent shots and with an 8" reflector, definitely an upgrade from the philips (at last!), if i remember to i'l stick a link in next post or so - they are very good images.

Regards

Aenima

I have a couple of these tucked away, ready. One is half modded the other untouched. Would love to see any results you get!

Posted via Tapatalk on an ageing iPhone so please excuse any erroneous spellings or accidental profanities!

post-18772-0-10919800-1365547490_thumb.j

Found one, - :p

Awesome image of jupiter - lifecam studio..... 8inch flector...

I'd like to see what kind of mod it will be - if not too hard i'd think about trying it.

Havent seen a fusion image other than the 10inch starmaster on the original site so will be watching this space. :)

Regards

Aenima

If you look at the fusion mod on Gary Honis site he has a comparison photo against a phillips

Isnt that the one done with the 10"? Might be thinking of a different pic, but my main interest is in how these cams perform on a smaller - 200mm - reflector.

At the moment with the weather its going to be a couple hundred posts later that you'll be able to upload some test images.

Rain rain go away.

Regards

Aenima

20"! bleep. bleep!

i knew it was big but twenty inches? (sounds a tad off, soz;)) no wonder those pics looked good. My dead granny would see jupiter through 20inches aperture! Definitely want to see what the 200p can do with the fusion now. No pressure hehe :)

Regards

Aenima

right going to use the adapters gary used but what exactly do i need t-ring wise trawled ebay looking for the cheapest but wasnt sure i was looking for the right piece can anyone post a link to what i need please

I think all you need to do is attach a 1.25 tube so its flat, square on with the chip - the adapters tube end then fits into the back end of a barlow. So really if you have a flat surface then the part or whole of the t-adapter/barlow tubing will be suitable if stuck on central and square on, - i guess if you wanted some kind of 2" or dslr fitting then slightly more thought can go into it, but for basic webcamming its just like any nosepiece connection.

I think those SW barlows fit into each other like a stack.......could be something to try, hope it works out though, looks like a neat job, nice little planetary imager.

Clear skies.

Aenima

• 2 weeks later...

Update t ring arrived today three pound nineteen pence off eBay and ureka found a way to put ring on box dead centre using the eyepiece adapters off telescope and a laser collimator so will stick on with black polyurethane sealant tomorrow to do this you need to leave lens in holder of webcam take off later see photos but you can see when laser hits centre of lens bang on

post-22583-0-34731600-1366921737_thumb.j

post-22583-0-51923400-1366921776_thumb.j

post-22583-0-45714500-1366921803_thumb.j

post-22583-0-25513900-1366921828_thumb.j

post-22583-0-92254900-1366921857_thumb.j

Archived