Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ORION Widefield image feedback please

Hi Leveye,

Firstly...nice image! what set-up and subs did you use for this?

I am new to AP (few months) so I can't really offer advice, so take whatever I say with a 'pinch' :)

I am actually thinking about purchasing gradient xterminator myself. I think it has done a good job on the image, overall. It has enriched the star-field and improved the flame and horsehead. But I feel it has washed the colour out of orion/running man neb's, which is a real shame. Maybe merging the 2, using layer masks would be an option? IDK

This view is high on my to-do list whenever the weather decides to have break (maybe a slightly larger FOV). Seeing this has made me more eager. Good job!

Jez

This is with an unmodded Canon 60D btw. Both edits besides the Gradient Xterminator Filter are the same i like how the nebulosity in ngc 2064 upper left is even coming out this was a single 2 minute exposure no darks or bias frames used at all. Layer masking the 2 together is one way. Agreed there is a lot going on out there i love that "C" curve in it wish i could get that!! Need a modded cam with an H-Alpha filter. just wanted others opinions on the redness say if i printed it. I like the way the Nebs stand out in the one on the right.

Hi Leveye,

Firstly...nice image! what set-up and subs did you use for this?

I am new to AP (few months) so I can't really offer advice, so take whatever I say with a 'pinch' :)

I am actually thinking about purchasing gradient xterminator myself. I think it has done a good job on the image, overall. It has enriched the star-field and improved the flame and horsehead. But I feel it has washed the colour out of orion/running man neb's, which is a real shame. Maybe merging the 2, using layer masks would be an option? IDK

This view is high on my to-do list whenever the weather decides to have break (maybe a slightly larger FOV). Seeing this has made me more eager. Good job!

Jez

Canon 60D 85mm @ f1.4 iso 100 single unguided 2 minute exposure IOptron smart EQ pro mount PP in CS% and LR

Archived