Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SPC900NC with Skywatcher 200PDS

Hi all,

Does anybody have experience of using the Philips SPC900NC with a 200PDS?

I was wondering how you are attaching it to the focusser. I can't test my focus at the moment as I have neither clear skies nor the time to get my kit out to somewhere else where I can get a long distance view, so I'm wondering what people use?

I've read suggestions that a TAL x2 Barlow is worth using with it but I'm wondering if the standard (supplied with scope) 2" to 1.5" connector is a bit on the long side for this set up?

If I'm lucky, I might one day be able to attempt to image something other than a cloud!

cheers

Hmm, perhaps a bit more background would help. The screw thread is a standard fitting (M12 0.5mm pitch, IIRC) so if you find anything similar it should work. There were two versions, one with a longer section behind the shoulder on the 1.25" section, but I think that was specifically for the Toucam. I believe either should fit the SPC900 and most that are available will probably be the shorter version anyhow.

James

I ought to check I've not got that the wrong way around. You don't see the Toucam-specific ones for sale very often these days. If one says it's for the SPC900 though, clearly it's going to work.

James

Right, the Toucam Pro 840K nosepiece is the short model:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/125-low-profile-nosepiece-to-webcam-lens-thread-toucam-840k.html

The SPC900 is the deeper one that was linked above. The deeper one should fit anything, the shorter one (which I've not seen for sale for some time) won't.

James

Archived