DAMN U CLOUDS

looked out my window, could see jupiter and a few stars and what looked like good skies, moved scope out to cooldown, took ep's out....and BANG there they are,im sure they wait until the scopes outside

I was promised clear sky from 1900 onwards by the BBC. So naturally, the clouds held on until midnight.

I was all set up to try to image Jupiter for the first time. Instead, I've pretended to shoot some video and I'm using somebody else's test video to learn to use Registax.

Bah.

I had a similar thing with Jupiter last night. Was yearning to get out and saw a small break around 2000. Set up the ST120 quickly and got a few minutes watching jupiter and then clouds rolled in. Thankfuly its still visible through light cloud and occasionally dimming can bring out some detail you didnt see before but shortly it went very thick at that was that.

I then spent about 15 or 20 minutes watchng the clouds roll through at quite an impressive speed. I saw one that looked like an eagle, another that looked like a dragon, another that looked like a tree and then I remembered I wasnt meant to be cloud watching and packed up.

Looking for the comet last night.

Clear skies everywhere except for a thin band of cloud over the exact area I needed to see.

Story of my astronomy adventure so far.

They shouldn't sell telescopes to anyone living in Scotland........ :-)

I was promised clear sky from 1900 onwards by the BBC. So naturally, the clouds held on until midnight.

I was all set up to try to image Jupiter for the first time. Instead, I've pretended to shoot some video and I'm using somebody else's test video to learn to use Registax.

Bah.

That's terrible, you pay all that money for a license and they tell you porkies :grin: we have had nothing but cloud and rain since yesterday morning, and when it was clear the other night, between the clouds, someone forgot to switch the fan and the fast freeze off. There is one thing for sure, you will not beat our unpredictable British weather, have fun :)

John.

Archived