NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sale, Manchester

Asur84

I have just moved into a new house with a massive side garden, 2 problems, 2 fields of view unobstructed by houses or trees, 2 streetlights slap bang in the middle of said fields of view. :mad:

So perfect night for a little observing and light flooding the area.

I don't drive at the min (cannot get the scope on the motorbike) and the mrs doesn't feel like taking me out tonight (she usually does though to her credit), I need some lightlessish areas close by to go observing.

So quick question, is anyone a member of the Altrincham astro society at all, I have seen their website but it doesnt appear to have been updated for a while, I'm looking for a society close so I can try and squeeze in some observing time with fellow astro lovers rather than just being out on my own all night.

Jonathon

Contact the council lighting department direct and strike a report with the people on the other end of the phone.

I've spent a while, but i'm now getting somewhere. The engineer responsible is having a shield made up for the rear, so we'll see what happens.

Don't get cross, or frustrated. Be patient is my advice.

I will be starting to pop down a bit more regular Keith as soon as I pass my test, do you know when the Didsbury astro society meets at all?

Hmmmmmm brick, never thought of that :evil:

Archived