Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

clear skies

took scope out at 6pm to cooldown, the skies were very clear and i was getting excited as its been cloudy since ive had my dob 200p, at 7:20 i went out and it was completely clouded over....however went back at 8:10 and the skies had cleared, still not knowing exactly what i was going i put the 25mm ep on and started to look, a slight adjustment to the focuser and i could see soooooo many stars, put the 10mm on but not as good so went back to 25mm, hoping the skies are clear when the moon rises just so i can try to see some detail.

Lovely clear night here... but totally stuffed up by the neighbours deciding to leave ALL their lights on! I could actually read by them out in the garden :mad:

Got too cold to wait out any longer unfortunately, plus everything was swimming with dew. Still, managed a good while on Jupiter which was most enjoyable :smiley:

Ive managed about half hour using my eyes on a perfectly clear sky, which was relaxing - but still no news about getting my mount fixed so no telescope yet.

Did pull out the 50mm scope I got from Asda to show my brother Jupiter but that was about all, one quick glimpse.

Really miss not having a scope on nights like this :(

Archived