Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher x 2 Barlow Lens 1.25"

Hello. I have the Skywatcher x 2 Barlow Lens that came with my Skywatcher 200p telescope. I am new to all this. At the bottom of the Barlow there is the black piece that holds in the lens. I just noticed today that that bit can screw off and screw onto the end of an eyepiece. I was just wondering if it can be used in that way and if so is it useful. I assume it won't work x2 but will it work x1.5 or something as I have seen barlows advertised that can do this? On the next clear night I will try it, but was just wondering if anybody knew. Just being curious really. Thanks - Phil.

Hello Taf.

Yes, it's perfectly OK to use the Barlow that way, it results, as you rightly say, as a lower power Barlow. This is a regular tip for allowing a binoviewer to focus without too much increase in magnification or for a camera to reach focus. :smiley:

Archived