Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

streaming dual axis signals

sparkyjon

is it possible to stream the signals on the dual axis motors via wifi or bluetooth

it will probably not work but couldnt you plug the r.a. and dec cables into a bluetooth sender and have receivers plugged into each motor? somehow?

if not possible can you just use a bt extension reel to run the handset into an obsy so you can tweak alignment with out going outside when imaging.

• 3 weeks later...

You probably want to look into getting something like the SkyFi wifi adapter abd hooking it up to your mount. It will let you control the motors via wifi from a remote location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run my EQ3-2 dual-motors atop a 14 foot pier for my Solar work , I extended the leads with 5m long RJ12 leads doubled up to 10m with no problem .

As the mount head gets taken off the pier regularly the PA is only approximate so a certain amount of drifting is present , so I tweak it from indoors in comfort , eliminating reflections on the laptop screen and avoiding sunburn . . .

I run my EQ3-2 dual-motors atop a 14 foot pier for my Solar work , I extended the leads with 5m long RJ12 leads doubled up to 10m with no problem .

As the mount head gets taken off the pier regularly the PA is only approximate so a certain amount of drifting is present , so I tweak it from indoors in comfort , eliminating reflections on the laptop screen and avoiding sunburn . . .

Living in the UK is sufficient to avoid sunburn, isn't it? Apart from that one day a year when the papers announce the start of a massive heatwave, at least.

James

Archived