Hello from Sydney

prejto

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome!! Yes, do come and visit Australia. Great place!!!

When I first moved here it never rained and the country was in severe drought; now there are periods of week after week after week of rain or clouds. Truth be told though, I'll take the rain over the drought which was very scary. Unfortunately the rain brings flooding so one just can't win in this land of extremes.

Peter

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Peter and welcome to SGL, that is one very nice set up you have there, that is one big step up from your previous gear :)

John.

Well John, you are correct! And the learning curve has been very steep and slippery. But, not getting any younger so I though it was worth going for in a big way. After playing with "decent" equipment for a while the step up to "great" is really satisfying when everything works correctly! It's something I always wanted since my teenage years; finally I have the time (the money is now all gone!).

Hi Peter, I'm from Sydney myself (loftus) though I now live in the uk. talking to my sister this morning (helensburgh) and she says the flooding was pretty bad. phones playing up etc.

welcome to SGL.

Hello Peter

A very warm welcome to the SGL,just love your set up I was suprised that it's always raining out there, now I know why there are so many Brits out there :grin:

clear skies

Archived