Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

3 way Observstory?am I misding out

triggertrevor

Hi all I currently have a small bike garage in my back garden that this year needs re roofing and thought about putting a removable roof on it.

The only issue I have is it only looks West, North & South but the back of the house blocks some of the view to the east.

Now my question is will I be missing out on a lot of nice night sky things to observe by me doing this up as my observatory. ?

Cheers kev

Hi Kev,

You should be able to see plenty with views to the south and west. Anything rising in the east should eventually become visible to the south, either later on in the night, or at the same time later in the year.

Have a look at the advice I gave in this post, which explained how to get an idea of what you will and won't be able to see: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/176580-new-roll-of-roof-obs-with-concrete-pier-early-planning-stage/#entry1817137

Archived