Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Extension cable for motor & autofocuser handsets - HELP!

emadmoussa

Hola,

I'm planning on extending the length of the Dual axis motor cables (RJ-11 jacks I think) so I can control the telescope from, say, 5 meters away (in the warmth of my house).

I'm not into soldering or anything like that - a hub or socket box will be ideal.

Also, for future reference -- can I apply the same thing for skywatcher auto-focuser. I believe it's RJ-10, is it not?

ControllerD.gif

If your going to have those sort of connections outside, i would wrap them up in self amalgamating tape ( 10m for less than a fiver on Amazon) , taking care not to tape the release lever up......a better solution would be a single cable with no join.....but this would require a bit of DIY....

If your going to have those sort of connections outside, i would wrap them up in self amalgamating tape ( 10m for less than a fiver on Amazon) , taking care not to tape the release lever up......a better solution would be a single cable with no join.....but this would require a bit of DIY....

This is what I mean, a bit of DIY requires a bit of time which is not really my luxury these days. So, I'm assuming they're RJ-11s and I need a connector between the telescope and the handset?

Also, for future reference -- can I apply the same thing for skywatcher auto-focuser. I believe it's RJ-10, is it not?

Yes. It is not :) I used a 4P4C sometimes called an RJ 9.

Dave.

Note - This is for the Skywatcher AF.

Archived