Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Canon 350d dew problems

Hello can anyone tell what they do with there canon 350d dslr to stop dew from getting on it

i was out last night for the first time with it and i was getting lots of dew on it ????????

also can you guys give me a guide to using it on the moon

what ISO exposure time etc

many thanks

David

Hi David,

If you're talking about dew on the lens then I usually use a astrozap dew strap in the same way as you would on a refractor.

If it's dew in general (on the body of the camera) then I wouldn't worry too much - mine has been dripping with dew and it's had no ill effects.

I suppose if your really worried then maybe something like a teas towel draped over the camera might help - but if the dew is bad , you could go through a few of them :smiley: .

Ant

Hi David

Can't help with the dew problem I'm afraid - its never really been a problem for me - guess I've just been lucky. :smiley:

As far as settings for the moon go, I'm guessing you use camera at prime focus as I do. I normally use ISO 200 and exposure times of 1/300 to 1/500 (or thereabouts!) for a full moon, then process the single frame(s) in Registax using the wavelets to get the detail out followed by a tweak with paint shop pro to bring up a little colour and adjust the brightness, contrast etc etc.

HTH.

Andy.

also can you guys give me a guide to using it on the moon

what ISO exposure time etc

many thanks

David

Using my 130mm APO at F6 , first quarter , 100 IS0 with an exp of 0.04 secs.

Full moon would be a shorter exp. No need to go above 100 ISO. What are you " sticking " the camera on?

John

Archived