NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Registax 6

archway69

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with registax 6, I have done a few good images of Jupiter but everytime I try to process images of the moon it crashes and I have to turn it on and off again its getting very annoying, I have downloaded registax 5 and that processes them no problem, I was wondering If anyone had a any suggestions on what to do?

I've not had Registax v6 crash for quite some time now, though it definitely used to once in a while.

Personally I'd recommend AutoStakkert!2 over Registax for stacking planetary images, then Registax v6 for wavelets, but I keep all three handy because none of them seems to work all of the time.

James

Registax always crashed when I tried moon shots and the reason was that Registax had difficulty locating the edge of the moon, so I made changes to how I processed the images before stacking. I ran the outputted BMP frames through InfanView to add a 100pixel black border to each frame. NINOX would then centre everything in the frame and then pass over to Registax. No problems

Archived