Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Webcam help needed please

catman161

Hi everyone,

So when I want to image the moon last night with the SPC900NC I noticed a dirty great spec of dust right in the centre of the FOV of the camera. I hid this spec in the shadows of craters whilst I finished grabbing the Avis.

Afterwards I had a look at the filter which was spotless and then I looked directly at the chip in the camera and I could see the offending particle. I looks as though it probably won't be able to be blown off but I can give that a try when I purchase an air puffer. If that is the case are there any other safe ways to get rid of said particle??

Any help gratefully received-now I know it's there I need to get rid of it!!

Hi F,

You could try a can of compressed air to shift, make sure that you hold it upright though else you may get some propellant onto the chip. If it has got to go be brave and use a cotton bud, take to work, go to a&e and borrow their bino viewers... :laugh: ...

Cheers

Yup. No need to be afraid, just be gentle when you're cleaning it. Took me an age to get one of my SPC900s spotless. Since I got it clean it stays with the nosepiece on and an IR filter and cap over it.

James

Archived