SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter, Io, ditto! :)

blusky

A nice transit tonight, and a beautiful view of GRS.

Used to be dimmer back in November, now the colours are back?

Happy with the image, was a bit windy for 10fps. But I attach both, the 10fps and 30fps images, not sure which one I like more!

PS I wish I could master Registax 6 - it creates final images with artefacts for me, perhaps a buggy build :)

post-17288-0-55116000-1361226057_thumb.p

post-17288-0-04726600-1361226068_thumb.p

I prefer the left-hand one as well, though if the right hand one is 30fps perhaps a little more gain would help it along.

If Registax is giving you artefacts, just give it up. Use AutoStakkert!2 for stacking and then just load the tiff into Registax for wavelets. It's a world less pain.

James

I prefer the one onthe left too. Which was which?

If Registax 6 is not working for you (and it doesn't for me unless the avi is very good quality) try Registax 5.1, it is still available, stacks faster than Reg6 and seldom throws a wobbler.

A lot of folk use AS2!, I have tried it, but never managed to get any better results than Registax, perhaps it is because I know Registax better?

I think Registax v6 is very fussy about data quality, too. Testing v5, v6 and AS!2 against each other on the same files though (white light solar in this case) I think v6 and AS!2 did a better job than v5 and AS!2 was more reliable. There seem to be plenty of degenerate cases that cause one or more to fail though. And that's not to say that the same result would occur for planetary stacking. Having all three to hand is definitely worthwhile.

James

Archived