NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Some Proms from the 17th

Ant

Haven't been out with a scope for ages.

Managed to setup without too many issues. Did sit for a little while trying to remember the name of the capture software that I use :) Then sat there for ages (about 5 minutes) wondering why there was nothing on the laptop screen... turns out I have forgotten to remove the lens cap on the PST!!!

Took 18 AVI's across three different magnification levels. FLO kindly sent me an adapter >>http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/low-profile-125-nosepiece-c-threads.html<<without a shoulder to try and get focus with the PST and a DMK. And it works a treat :)

So here is an image with the PST / DMK21 with the low profile (shoulder-less adapter)

Next up are some proms, this isn't a good as I'd hoped but it's been a while and I'm just happy to have something to share :)

Lastly here is the lovely filament under three different powers. On the left is the native PST/DMK21, in the middle is a 2x barlow lens cell screwed into the 1.25" adapter, and on the right is PST/DMK21 with TV 2.5 Barlow. All the AVI's with the TV barlow are under exposed and therefore too dark - will do better next time!

All comments good and bad welcomed :)

Cheers

Ant

Archived