Celestron Astromaster 130EQ problem

Hi guys, please can anyone help me. My wife purchased this equipment for me for xmas. I have set itup as per manual and with the aid of a site I found on google which displayed the correct installation of the 2 lenses. After having done all of that I still cannot see anything through the telescope apart from if I shine a light source down the front

Also - It can be surprising how fast an object can come into focus and then out of focus (Less than half a turn of the adjuster knob)

If you do not keep looking through the eyepiece whilst turning the focuser fully in both directions you may miss the object your trying to bring into focus.

I have set itup as per manual and with the aid of a site I found on google which displayed the correct installation of the 2 lenses.

I assume you mean a barlow lens and an eyepiece?. If so, what kind of barlow is it...........2x,3x,5x???

Have you tried it with just an eyepice?. You will need to refocus the eyepiece (EP) when you remove the barlow, and likewise will need to refocus if using a barlow with an EP. Make sure to also check out the collimation link above. It takes a couple of readings before you might really have a grasp of what it is and how to do it, but once done.........the second time will be simple.

What have you tried to achieve focus on? Need a bit more info. Seeing the light source indicates there is no serious obstruction of the 2 mirrors through to the eye piece. Sounds like a focusing problem. The above suggestion of using the moon would be your best bet. trial and error, just get the moon in your fov and play around with the focus wheel until you achieve focus.

Archived