NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EOS 1100D -- can you take timed photos?

emadmoussa

Hola,

Add to your list yet another daft question...

Your Canon EOS 1100D is attached to your telescope and also your computer - software. Can you set the camera or the software to automatically take a photo, say, every 20 seconds?

If you want for example to track Jupiter and automatically take photos of the planet once every 20 seconds, and then stack them together and make an animation out of them...showing planet and moons' rotations.

Thanks!!

IM

Yes, it should be possible but you would need to check if the software will support that function.

I'd say it would as I can do it on a timer shutter release cable so software should have that capability.

As far as I can see, you need either a stand alone remote control/timer or software such as APT / Backyard. Following suggestions I am trialling both APT and Backyard EOS and from a super-quick look both seem to do what you want.

I am very early in the learning curve and from to look of the forecast I will be stuck waiting for a clear patch of sky here in mid-France for quite a while.

David

1100d you can select the length of photo and how often with the canon software :)

Scott

You can do this with the 1000D ..... But only when shooting with a Canon lens attached , focus control too ....

I don't think you can set capture programs with EOS Utilities on any EOS camera while it's attached to a scope at prime focus .

Happy to be corrected though . . .

You can do this with the 1000D ..... But only when shooting with a Canon lens attached , focus control too ....

I don't think you can set capture programs with EOS Utilities on any EOS camera while it's attached to a scope at prime focus .

Happy to be corrected though . . .

you're probably right steve. only ever done it with camera on tripod

Scott

Archived