Newbie from Teeside

AlanCrossley

Hi Steve,

i live in Billingham town of eternal ' daylight', where in Wynyard woodland park did you go? Any advice on places to go to reduce the lp would be welcome.

Also very pleased with the many greetings of welcome.

Alan

Hi Alan,

I know what u mean, I lived in Norton. I used to go to the carpark at the start of the castle eden walkway http://visitwoods.org.uk/en/visit-woods/Pages/wood-details.aspx?wood=31367 , its fairly dark there & you dont really get the idiots up there as theres nothing for them to wreak.

Steve

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Alan,

The cleveland and Darlington Astronomical Society meet every second friday of the month at the planetarium at castle eden walkway. Its at the thorpe thewels end of the walkway, where the visitor centre is.

we also have members viewing nights and after the society meets we often get the scopes out or use the on site observatory which houses a nice 14inch lx200

Theres a few astronomers in Billingham, and despite the southern sky being a bit bright from the chemical plants its not too bad......honest !

Cheers,

Astronymonkey

Archived