Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Williams Optic Flattener sold by FLO and TSserives.

alan potts

I posted this in two forums and not recieved an answer, I am going to try it here just in case someone has bought one. If FLO themselves would like to comment I will most likely be buying it there when I come to UK in May or whenever.

Very Sorry if it is in the Wrong Place but plenty of Members know me on this part of the forum.

I am looking to get a flattener soon for my 115mm APO as for the time being it is the best of my scopes to use on a HEQ 5 pro. I am looking at the WO TMB design which knocks on the door at 430 euros, not cheap. Looking on the Teleskop Sevices site I see something that looks exactly the same in there own line. It is called the Photoline and comes in at 249 Euros.

Now I think the WO has an extra adapter for something or the other but has anyone out there had any dealings with these flatteners, either one. Are they the same? I don't see how they can be but you never these days.

The other possible is the Riccardi reducer flatter from APM at 600 Euros, don't exactly give them away either.

It will be used with a modified Canon 40D and a Lacerta stand alone autoguide system. I am sure I could run the setup without F/F and still get some type of result, but knowing the edges will be poor at best.

Alan.

Archived