Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Things to watch out for/check when buying a mount

Currently looking at a second hand NEQ6 but have no idea whatsoever what qualities I should be checking when looking one over. When you're spending this sort of money, it would be nice to go there armed with a bit of knowledge of what potential issues you should be wary of and what functions etc.. you should be ensuring work properly.

So, anyone got any advice they can offer out when inspecting a mount such as this with a view to purchase?

Thanks in advance guys.

Had the same thoughts regarding the HEQ5 Syntrek myself. You never know if it's been overloaded and slewed too fast etc.

Ive kinda decided on new, as I just can't be doing with duff stuff out of warranty as well, it's not worth the saving half the time.

I would say that it needs to be smooth and well lubricated. Check it fully loaded and make sure you can still move it round easily and smoothly without any worrying noises. For example I know that my EQ5 needs a good strip and clean cos it doesn't move freely anymore when I'm balancing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived