Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Late Lunar images.

Baz Pearce

Hi All,

Had some very nice seeing conditions for a change around full Moon time. A quick look at the image with 10 and 5fps, 5 had very little noise. So i grabbed 15 captures. Would have been more but there were a few wispy clouds about. All captures were 800 frames over 2 minutes 40 secs keeping around 500 frames in Registax5.

Tried a lunar mosaic. 1st time i've had a go at 1 with my little Skywatcher 70mm refractor.

Setup on my dodgy EQ3 mount it's a lightweight compared to the newt it came with. So the clamped on motor moves a lot more smoothly. No collimation issues either. Just straight in with the Philips webcam, a simple 4 pane job as a test.

post-23032-0-90645100-1360411220_thumb.p

Got a little CA on the limb so i pulled out all the colour, and stitched them together with Microsoft ICE after brightness matching and cropping in Registax.

Here's the video from the South West pane:-

I did some with the 1.5X Barlow, and a couple with my .6X reducer. They can be seen here with normal and high saturation versions of the mosaic.

http://s1226.photobu...1-13 REFRACTOR/

Archived