Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I'm going in...

Milamber

Marvelous piece of kit you have there Arthur.

Even with a humble hobby type lathe its possible to make most adapters you need. I put a 4" , 4 jaw chuck on mine and it can cope with most things. I have also tried using Delrin plastic , cuts easy and quickly , just a bit worried how long the plastic threads will last.

John

post-13061-133877332935_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update on what has now become an Ambermile new project rather than a Milamber old one :D Changed things rather a lot since the first off piece - mainly for weight purposes. Also changed the shape because... well, because I wanted to - so there :D

Arthur

post-13959-133877333863_thumb.jpg

post-13959-133877333868_thumb.jpg

post-13959-133877333872_thumb.jpg

post-13959-133877333876_thumb.jpg

Arthur..i'm in the process of making a crayford. I used a peek (plastic/carbon fibre)spacer with a ball nose grove along it to sit against the spindle,then fitted 2 small spring loaded shafts from the spacer to the inside back wall of the focuser body.This applies that"little bit of finger pressure" on the draw tube and seems to work a treat.I've been cranking the draw tube up and down repeatedly and it hasn't slipped yet(that'll be the curse of death on it now though) :D

You making a weapon of some kind Arthur :D A secret project that we only find out at the end what it/they are. Could be focusers again I guess.

I will be making my dovetail for the Guidescope Losmandy rings and a 3D Counterweight system. Hopefully starting tomorrow. That's if the wife has no more jobs for me the remainder of the week. Just as soon as I open my gob and say I'm going to do something, It's Oh!, could you just do this or that before you start.

I just wish my setup was as cool as yours mate. you have a great piece of magic there for sure.

Ron.

Archived