Equatorial mounts and motors

As I said a few days ago, I'd like to get this telescope. HAppily, it comes with a drive motor, and an equatorial mount which, I believe, allows the motor to move the scope to track an object.

The motor, I assume, can be removed if I don't need it, but can the mount itself be adjusted with the hand controls while the motor is attached? Can I sight in on an object, track it and then adjust to the co-ordinates of another object?

All suggestions gratefully accepted...

The motor can be removed and the mount tracked manually, the motor can also be decoupled leaving the mount manually adjustable without removing the motor. I don't think you can manually move the mount in RA with the motor still coupled or running.

The motor can be removed and the mount tracked manually, the motor can also be decoupled leaving the mount manually adjustable without removing the motor. I don't think you can manually move the mount in RA with the motor still coupled or running.

Not with the slow-mo controls, no. But you can release the clutches and move it that way. Which is probably how you'd do it if you wanted to find another target, to be honest.

James

Hi there,I have a cg5 mount and to disconnect from motor is to loosen slo mo knob then pull sprocket back off motor.Don,t think i would want to do that at night on a regular basis though.Hope this helps

regards Jonn.

Archived